Based in Troy, New York
October 13th, 2016
What if you were given a backdoor pass to a site filled with the hottest mobile games currently climbing the charts? What if just by playing the games well enough, you were able to earn money to buy even more games? Would you jump at the chance or just let it pass? Not A Clone is a frantic exercise in quick-thinking and even quicker responding. Featuring over two dozen original and parody micro-games, you must play through them one after another, chaining your successes into the highest score imaginable for possible fame and prizes. Beat your friends to the top of the leaderboards! Earn Zeni to purchase more games! You have five seconds to get through each micro-game that is thrown at you by following the instructions that appear on the screen. The further you go, the harder it gets. How long will you last before your device runs out of power? Will you earn enough to unlock your next challenge? Will you know which games are being parodies and which games are not a clone?
Not A Clone was originally created by Taro Omiya as part of #OneGameAMonth game jam in 2014. Intended to be a satirical commentary on the mobile app stores, the web game became a surprise hit on GameJolt, prompting the developers to flesh out the original concept into a new mobile app.
- Featuring over 30 fast-paced games to play and master!
- Earn Zeni to purchase more games and special items, such as the Dis-Coin-Bobulator and the Lucky Rabbit's Foot Mod!
- Participate in the online leaderboards so you can compete against other players and become the envy of your friends!
- Collect achievements to mark your accomplishments and increase your global rankings!
- Listen to a colorful cast of characters joke and comment on the world of mobile gaming.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "MAGFest Indie Video Game Showcase (MIVS) 2016 Selection" National Harbor, MD, USA
- "Featured on GameJolt"
- "Enter Not a Clone, a living parody of app gaming in general that comically sheds light on the cons of the market."
- Ryan Silberman, The Inner Circle Games Network
- "It's madness...and pretty fast too"
- Emily Sowden, Pocket Gamer
- "If you're not quite sure what game to play, why not play all of them?"
- Emily Sowden, Pocket Gamer
- "Not a Clone is a satire on the rampant clones that appears in the mobile game market"
- Chris Priestman, WarpDoor
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
About Omiya Games
Founded by Taro Omiya, Omiya Games is an experimental indie game studio that aims to create weird and chaotic games. The formation of the company was established when the founder joined the #OneGameAMonth game jam challenge, and has set its reputation through many web games that provided an unusual perspective to play. Today, it's an active game jam participant and a volunteer to the local upstate New York game developer community, Tech Valley Game Space (TVGS).
More information on Omiya Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Not a Clone Credits
Game Designer, Programmer
Sound Designer, Voice Actor